Alive Inside believes in a world where- No One Dies Alone,
where Youth and Elders are connected to themselves, each other and life itself.
By Connecting the Generations through music, empathy, and love-
We reduce suffering for those with Alzheimer's and change our shared future.
Activate Individuals and Communities to improve the quality of life for elders living with and without Alzheimer's, by providing music and relationships.
Increase Emotional Intelligence and Wisdom in the next generation.
HOW WE DO IT
- Provide music players to 1 million Alzheimers dementia patients by 2025.
- Activate 1 million volunteers to deliver music to dementia patients by 2025.
- Inspire, Educate and coordinate a nationwide network of volunteers, teachers, and caregivers.
- Support schools in creating curriculum that teaches students through connection with elders.
- Create and perfect technology that aids those living with cognitive decline. (Memory Players, LifeStory Apps)
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Join our network as a local coordinator/chapter leader or volunteer
- Bring Alive Inside programs into your community.
- Find and Bring music and companionship to an elder
- Screen the film "Alive Inside" in your community.
- Fundraise to get a Memory Player and a 'Music Volunteer' to elders in your community.
- Join the Alive Inside CommUniversity movement and use our elders, especially those with Alzheimer's, as a teaching resource in your classroom.
- Monetary Donations help us grow, develop and implement our Mission
- Skill Donations - donate your time and skill to help our executive team
- Do the #MoveForMemory Challenge
Let's make our world 'Alive Inside' again,
one community at a time.
“What should young people do with their lives today?
Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing
is to create stable communities in which the terrible
disease of loneliness can be cured”
- Kurt Vonnegut