Alive Inside is combatting society's epidemic of loneliness and disconnection through re-connecting people across generations. By creating spaces where volunteers can learn and practice empathy-building interactions we seek to empower young and old alike to rediscover their place in each other's lives.
Activate Individuals and Communities to improve elders' quality of life by providing music and building relationships.
HOW WE DO IT
- Create a centralized online platform to educate and coordinate a nationwide network of volunteers.
- Support schools in creating curriculums that teach students by engaging them in projects with elders.
- Provide music players to 1 million Alzheimers dementia patients by 2025.
- Activate 1 million volunteers to deliver music to dementia patients by 2025.
- Support practices that reverse and aid cognitive decline.
HOW YOU CAN JOIN US
- We can’t be in every community in the country at once, so we need caring and compassionate people like you to be our hands on the ground
- Join our network as a local coordinator/chapter leader or volunteer
- Bring Alive Inside programs into your community using the resources on our online platform.
- Screen the film "Alive Inside" in your community to raise awareness
- Fundraise to get a Memory Player and a 'Music Volunteer' to elders in your community
- Join the CommUniversity movement and use our elders, especially those with Alzheimer's as a teaching resource in your classroom.
- Monetary Donations help us grow, develop and implement our Vision
- Skill Donations - donate your time and skill to our executive team
Join us in making our society 'Alive Inside' again, one person, one connection, one community at a time.
“What should young people do with their lives today?
Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing
is to create stable communities in which the terrible
disease of loneliness can be cured”
- Kurt Vonnegut