A global exchange of empathy and wisdom between elders and young adults with the goal of reclaiming our humanity, emotional intelligence, and connection.
Connecting young adults with their elders (with and without dementia) through music, and transformational education, and creating meaning and growth for all involved. We will inspire this intergenerational mission through film.
HOW WE DO IT
- Provide music players to 1 million Alzheimers dementia patients by 2025.
- Activate 1 million volunteers to deliver music to dementia patients by 2025.
- Inspire, Educate and coordinate a nationwide network of volunteers, teachers, and caregivers.
- Support schools in creating a curriculum that teaches students through connection with elders.
- Create and perfect technology that aids those living with cognitive decline. (Memory Players, Aamica, LifeStory Apps)
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Join our network as a local coordinator/chapter leader or volunteer
- Bring Alive Inside programs into your community.
- Find and Bring music and companionship to an elder
- Screen the film "Alive Inside" in your community.
- Fundraise to get a Memory Player and a 'Music Volunteer' to elders in your community.
Let's make our world 'Alive Inside' again,
one community at a time.
“What should young people do with their lives today?
Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing
is to create stable communities in which the terrible
disease of loneliness can be cured”
- Kurt Vonnegut