ALIVE INSIDE (ALL-IN-ONE) HEADSET INSTRUCTIONS:
These Headsets allow you to play .mp3 or .wav music stored on a microSD card that is contained inside the headphones.
They are light, high-quality and inexpensive. Michael Rossato-Bennett created them so two people could listen to the same music at the same time.
He wanted something that could be used for our educational courses, and be so inexpensive that anyone could afford to give them to an elder in need.
Step 1- Charging
To charge Headset- plug into a computer USB port or phone charger- When charged, Light goes off.
CHARGING THE HEADSET BY USING THE USB
Step 2-Create a Songlist (List only!)
Step 3- Loading Music
TAKING THE MINI-SD CARD OUT OF THE HEADPHONES
PUTTING THE MINI-SD CARD IN A NORMAL-SIZED SD CARD
To Load Music- first Plug the headphones into your computer USB port and turn the headset ON.
- The SD card will appear on your computer as a drive- (NO NAME).
PUTTING THE NORMAL SD CARD INTO A LAPTOP COMPUTER
- Or Load using a card reader (this can be much faster)
PUTTING THE SD CARD INTO A CARD READER AND THEN PLUGGING THE CARD READER INTO A LAPTOP
- If the Headphones are not being recognized by your computer try to switch the USB port or use a card reader. (This fixes the non- recognition problem.)
When your SD card or USB drive is plugged in, start up your computer.
When it is started up, you should see this screen pop up.
Now you need to get your song files ready.
Open up whatever folder that holds your songs.
Select them all.
Drag them into the USB folder.
Have all your songs uploaded to the headset or SD card successfully!
Step 4- Playing songs
If microSD card with music is inserted - and POWER is switched ON, the music will play in order.
- Arrows --> allow you to skip songs,
- + & - raises or lowers volume.
Step 5- Listening together
- The Alive Inside Splitter was developed to make music-finding and -listening to music a SHARED experience.
- Plug the Splitter into your smartphone and use the Alive Inside App and Headset at the same time.
- If you want to listen to the music on the Headset together- just plug your headphone into the Headset
Note from the Director-
"Making “Alive Inside” fed my soul. When I asked a group of middle school kids to find the life stories and musical history of their elders, what happened surprised me. I saw these young souls fill with purpose. I saw youth exhibit empathy skills no one thought they had. This filled me with hope- creating Empathy in our next generation, and aliveness in the last became my mission.
Music and Human Connection will lead us to safety!
Join us! Let's help our youth, millions of elders living at home with Alzheimer’s, and ourselves!
We are all part of this Awakening of Life!"
Director of “Alive Inside” & Alive Inside.Org